A hands-on leader with extensive experience delivering and operating technology solutions to support complex business operations. Combined with strong practical understanding of regulatory requirements and best practices, this experience and knowledge guides the development of robust technology solutions.
- Business Operations
- Information Privacy and Security
- IT Operations
- Application and System Monitoring
- Cloud, SaaS, G Suite
- Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Web Technologies
- Systems Design
- System Administration
- Data Migration
- Setup and ran QUID – a Toronto-based micropayments processor operating in Canada and the US – performing all personnel, finance, customer support, legal, and regulatory functions.
- Led the initial incident mitigation, all remediation activities, and the subsequent investigation and compliance activities in response to one of the highest profile security breaches in history.
- Designed and led the implementation of a payment processing environment, taking the project from inception to passing a PCI Level 1 audit in 9 months.
- Implementation of NIST Cybersecurity and Privacy by Design frameworks, achieving audited compliance for both.
- Migrated a 150+ person, multiple-location company from a hosted Exchange environment to G Suite with no service interruptions, resulting in significant cost savings and increased productivity.
- Planned and executed numerous complex data centre migrations while maintaining minimal downtime and mitigating business impact.
- Selected and managed the implementation of several cloud-based corporate and call centre voice solutions.
- Designed and led a DDoS mitigation implementation across two data centres, completing the entire effort within 48 hours and with minimal downtime.
- Developed a pay-per-use public Wifi hotspot proof-of-concept application on a Raspberry Pi using Node.js, iptables, and QUID.
- Completed 20 marathons and finished 335th in the 2006 Philadelphia Marathon with a personal best time of 3:08.
Kef Technology Consulting
Sep. 2017 – Present
Designed and built a website for a local boutique sports training company, allowing them to start accepting online bookings and payments. Supported the PCI Level 1 audit activities for a multi-national online media company.
Co-founder & COO
Feb. 2018 – Present
Responsible for all aspects of day-to-day operations of QUID including legal and regulatory matters, human resources activities, payroll, finance and accounting, security and privacy, customer service and leading the engineering team members in supporting these areas.
SVP, Technology Operations
May 2010 – Aug. 2017
Led a team of engineers responsible for provisioning and management of all production, engineering, and corporate systems, supporting rapid company growth. Represented the technology team at the executive level, ensuring alignment with company objectives. Led numerous company-wide initiatives in response to the Ashley Madison security breach.
Virgin Mobile Canada
Sr. Manager, IT Services
Dec. 2006 – May 2010
Managed all aspects of the 24×7 IT service desk, the problem analysis team, and the development and implementation of service monitoring and management tools.
Jul. 2005 – Nov. 2006
Clients included a national mobile network operator and a national retail organization.
Sep. 2004 – Jul. 2005
Led environment management, data migration, and delivery teams as part of an automated service fulfillment project for a national telecommunications service provider.
Sep. 2000 – Sep. 2004
Led projects of various sizes and durations delivering product implementation, data migration, and custom application design and development.
Manager, Network OSS
Jun. 1996 – Aug. 2000
Established and led a team of administrators responsible for implementing and managing the business-critical national NOC systems and UNIX-based systems in the mobile networks.
Metropolitan Preparatory Academy
Computer Science Teacher
Sep. 1995 – Jun. 1996
Prepared and delivered grade 7 through 12 computer science classes and administered school computer lab and network.